Tuesday, December 2, 2008

I need a new CPU fan!!!

Damnnnn, my laptop shutdown by itself last night at my gig a few times. Had to put on my live mix cd to end off the gig. Found out later that the cpu fan inside the laptop stopped working. Basically, the cpu produces lots of heat in general and the cpu fan is responsible in cooling it off. The fan also brings all that heat out of the laptop thru the heatsink and out thru the vent on the side. Well, if the fan doesn't work, then the laptop overheats and automatically shuts off the whole system. I'm basically screwed for this whole tour if I can't fix it. So now I'm in the hunt for a computer repair store in st. thomas in the virgin islands. Wish me luck
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

thats why you should get a mac - stop fucking around

-nerandhas.com

I am Rick Watson said...

I will second that! Never had an overheating prob with my MBP!

And the new MB and MBP run even cooler!

-R

DJ Geometrix said...

Try using your mac for 4 years, 4-5 gigs a week, 4-5 hours at a time with no problem. That's what my toshiba laptop did. I know so many people that dj with macs that can't even last a year til they get their first problem. Even enferno had problems with his mac on the madonna tour and he had to get a new one. Pc forever!

Unknown said...

Yeah Macs are over rated imho, the battery life is non-existent in the older models (waits for the Mac fanboys and girls to jump on him), good for design and have bugger all viruses on the upside but pcs have an OS called Linux which is far superior, once again only my opinion, anyway I thought I'd try and help, have you tried any of these applications to help with the fan speed, ntune, riviatuner, ati tool, fan, speedfan.
They all work with Toshibas