Friday, April 25, 2008

Nick Cannon djing last night at Ibiza

So my thursday night residency at Ibiza Nightclub decided to book Nick Cannon last night. I was expecting him to perform his one hit (gigolo). I was expecting him to host the party while I DJ. But I totally didn't expect him to DJ 2 hours while I opened and closed for him. He was actually pretty decent, doing the whole talk and drop style and was actually dropping the song on time most of the night. He even mixed a little bit. His song selections were ehhhh and you can tell he's influenced by LA and Vegas djs by dropping a lot of obscure old school songs and ok mash-ups. He had a hard time reading the crowd and the crowd was in and out thru out the night. He even dj'd with those stanton headphones with the built in mic making him look like madonna in her vogue days. Anyways, I've seen my share of celebrity djs (not counting dj am) and he's actually the best one I've seen......and that's saying a lot, hahaha. Interesting night, I give him a score of 6 out of 10.

Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

No comments: