Thursday, March 8, 2007

I HAVE SOME GREAT NEWS!!!

I finally did it. I proposed to Linh about 2 weeks ago (Feb 19th) and she said yes. I bought the ring in January and wanted to wait for the right time to pop the question. Initially, I wanted to propose on Valentines Day but she had to go to Cali for business. Then I wanted to do it in front of her family during Chinese New Year that weekend, but I never got the chance to do so. Anyways, talks about a ring popped up that night 'cause we kept seeing diamond references on commercials and shows while we were watching TV. I started asking her what kind of engagement ring she wanted. As a joke, I showed her pictures of rings online that I knew she wouldn't really like, but I already knew what she wanted. Then I basically picked out the ring from my pocket and suggested maybe that the ring I was holding is what she had in mind. She was totally surprised. I basically got down on one knee, did the whole lovey dovey speech thing, and asked her to marry me. She said yes of course. I was gonna plan out something elaborate before, but a lot of the things I was coming up with seemed too cliche and I would rather do it spontaneously. That night felt so right..the best moment just popped up and I went for it. Anyways, we are finalizing on a reception site so it looks like the wedding is gonna happen this year on Oct 20th, on our anniversary. We'll keep everyone posted.



1 comment:

Unknown said...

That is awesome!!!! :) Congrats my man!!! nothing like finding the right girl, eh? :) Peace and Love from Denver!

David
DJ DMX